Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back in the Day...

I remember a good time not too long ago when there was one phone book. It was big and yellow and had everything you possibly needed. Those good old days are gone. I think we regularly now get at least five different phone books, which due to the internet widely sit unused. Honestly, the only reason I generally open any of them is to see if they have any good coupons. (i.e.-B1G1F Blizzards!) The only time I really use phone books any more is at work, and that's just because I don't really have access to the internet at work.
I just don't understand... what's the need for so many phone books... most of them just go straight in the trash the moment we get them.
Anyone else feel the same way?

3 comments:

  1. They make great paper weights.. ha.. get it? Oh never mind.. the way I figure it, you have ammo in case anyone tries to break in, and if they have a gun, some of ours are so thick, it could probably stop a bullet... if they aimed for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have any phone books, so I'd be in a lot of trouble if the internet stopped working. It is annoying that there are so many phone books now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't cracked a phone book for oh, I don't know, five or six years. I actually have one from home in my tool box of my truck though. It makes great fire starter for camping =P

    ReplyDelete