Mother's Day is often a difficult day for me, for many reasons. I don't hate Mother's day, as I've heard some mother's (or those who wish to be mother's) do. It's just a difficult day with so many mixed emotions. This year, with everything going on I knew that this one would likely be my toughest one. But thanks to my wonderful husband who was sensitive to my needs, it wasn't as difficult as I expected. What would I do without him by my side, I hope I never have to find out.
One reason why Mother's Day is usually a challenging day is that it is one of the busiest day's of the year (outside of the Christmas season). This year was no exception. My new store was one of the tops stores (very likely the very top). With a big Mother's Day signing event, featuring 11 artists there was a lot to do to prepare. A lot of work paid off however, and it was a success. Work however usually leave me physically and mentally drained by the end of the week.
The past two weeks have been emotionally trying at work for other reasons outside of being busy, but even more so on a personal level. I don't blog very often, and don't know who even reads my blog, but the reason why this year was going to be more difficult is because the past two weeks have been difficult. Two weeks ago, my mother had a stroke. My mother, whom I love dearly, is still in the hospital. The stroke affected her right side, but has also affected her vision. Things that were once easy things that everyone of us take for granted now are something to re-learn and overcome. Her life will never be the same. To see and know how much your mother's life has changed and to see her struggle is heartbreaking. But to see the progress she has been able to make in such a short time, shows how much dedication she has to overcome.
Mothers day, as many other days, is a day where I reflect on my wishes to also one day be a mother myself. As one who has always loved children, it sometimes makes my heart ache. I however rely in faith that there will be a time where the Lord decides to bless us, and that only he knows that time.
Thank-you to my wonderful husband, for making this difficult day today so much easier. For the wonderful roses you brought to my work yesterday and for the delicious coconut french toast in bed. Your companionship each day brings me so much joy and love. We truly were meant for each other.
Thank-you also to my mother, grandmother, aunts and other amazing women who bless my life. I come from an amazing family, and while things aren't always easy, I do love my family and am grateful for who I have become because of their examples.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



You are such a wonderful person, Michelle. I know how hard it is to see a parent ill, and I hope your mother continues to overcome her stroke. You are going to make such a great mom someday!
ReplyDelete