Saturday, September 29, 2007

Zenni Optical

It's been almost 5 years since I've bought a new pair of glasses or even changed the prescription. I've known for a while that my prescription had changed, because nearly every day I had a headache and I wasn't able to see things that know I used to see clearly.
Because I knew that buying glasses would cost quite a bit (when I got them in 2002 it cost over $300) so I just kept putting it off knowing we couldn't really afford it.
With our condo selling in July, I decided to finally go ahead and get some new glasses. Somehow I came across a website ... www.zennioptical.com.
After going to the eye doctor and getting my prescription, I came home and ordered three pairs of glasses. One which I figured would be my main pair (I spent the extra $40 to get the thinnest lenses), a pair of sunglasses (I've never had a pair of prescription sunglasses) and another pair of clear rimless, hinge-less glasses. These 3 pairs added up to only $150, half of what I easily would have paid to buy a pair if I'd bought them locally.
Once I got them ordered, I could hardly wait for them to come. I was like a kid in days before Christmas each day at the mail box. Although it only took a bout a week and a half for them to arrive, I never wanted to run errands after work and instead would just rush home to check the mail. Finally I convinced my husband (who gets off work earlier than I do) to check the mail and then let me and know if they came or not. This worked out perfectly as one day he stopped by my work with the anxiously awaited package. It's been a whole new world ever since. Being able to see again is wonderful!
Since I had set aside $300 and only spent half, I decided to go ahead and order a few more pairs. The pair I ordered just to try ended up being my favorite, so I decided to order a few more and try them out. I ended up ordering five more for my self and a pair of sunglasses for my husband and still only spent the remaining $150.
I do feel a bit weird for now having 8 pairs of glasses, but figure when its time for my prescription to change I'll be able to help 8 people out by donating my old glasses to charity. Having around a few extra backups is very nice and not having to wear the same pair every day has been fun.
Anyways, if you are ever in the market for a new pair of glasses (or know anyone that is) I would highly recommend www.zennioptical.com. You do have to be bit of researching to find glasses that are just about the right size (most are, you just have to watch for ones that would be way to big or way too small), but they have so many options. Plus, if you don't have a super strong prescription, you can easily get a pair of glasses for as cheap as $8.00. I know it's sounds crazy, but it's true!

2 comments:

  1. That's exciting that you found such a good deal. I have never had to wear glasses but my friends who did always complained about finding a good pair of glass without paying a ton of money for them. Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want to see a picture. Post one of you with your favorites on!

    ReplyDelete