Friday, December 14, 2007

Tis the Season

Lately as I've been wrapping presents in an effort to get everything shipped in time for Christmas, I've noticed a few things...

#1- I suck at wrapping presents. Even the easily wrapped square/rectangle shaped presents give me trouble. Some of my presents turn out looking OK, but others, especially the odd shaped ones... well, they look really "special." Bows and ribbons would probably help, but considering most of presents are being shipped, these would just get destroyed in the process so I don't put them on.

#2- There are no gift tags that say "To: Love:" They all say "To: From:". It's just something little and probably something weird that now will bother me every once and a while when I wrap presents. However considering that 90% of the presents I give are for people I love, my family and friends, it doesn't portray the real reason behind giving the gift. Love. I thought for about about crossing off the "From" to put "Love" but figured it would just make the strangely wrapped ones look even worse.

#3-Buying gifts is extremely difficult for others when you live far away. Not only do you have get them early so you can ship them in time, but it's hard to know what they may or may not have. So then I end up trying to get something that they surely wouldn't have already. But then I worry that they probably get my gifts and think "What were they thinking, thats the most random gift..." I'm sure I worry to much, I think I'll have to work on that

Anyways, all things aside. I'm nearly in shock that Christmas is just over a week and a half away. I've been so busy with work ever since September that time has just flown by. This Christmas season so far has been a good one and I'm looking forward to the next few weeks.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I think you do a fantastic job. I do think you worry too much about the presents, they should be happy that you thought of them.

    If they aren't, too bad. They need to learn to love the loot!

    :)

    ReplyDelete