Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Most Amazing Brother

Last week my brother was in between jobs and decided to spend the week visiting me and my husband. I felt bad that both my husband I had to work and couldn’t take time off, but my brother didn’t mind. Instead, he spent the time to help us at each of our jobs. He spent numerous hours at my store helping me catch up on stickering lots of different shipment that I had been overwhelmed with. I enjoyed the time chatting with him, and I don’t think he’ll ever really know how much his help made a difference in helping me to not feel so swamped at work. He also spent several hours at my husband’s work stickering (again!). All of the girls at my work were surprised that he was so willing to help out. And the guys at my husband’s work wouldn’t believe that he wasn’t forced or coerced into helping.
Not only that, but he was the most amazing house guest. He did the dishes, emptied the dishwasher, took out the trash and did all sorts of “fix-it” projects around the house. He helped put the license plates on my new car, changed the lights in the garage that I haven’t gotten around to in months, and even ran to the store late one night for milk because I was too tired to go.
When he wasn’t helping out at work, we had a great time hanging out at home. The week went by much too quickly for me.
So, thanks Adam! For an amazing week, you are the best!

2 comments:

  1. I think that is one thing we all can agree on is that Adam is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that motion!

    ReplyDelete