However, I've been working on a project for months, and in the past few weeks I've finally finished it up.
Last fall we had a huge meeting with all of the other managers and corporate staff, Tom Smith from "Partners in Leadership" ( and also co-author of the Oz Principle if you've heard of it) came and presented a cultural transition workshop. In January of last year our company was bought out by Deseret Book. It honestly has been a great thing, and it's only made our company better and provided it with more opportunities. We're still the same bookstore that everyone came to love us for, and honestly I think our customers would agree that for them, very little has changed.
Anyways, the workshop was wonderful because it really helped for us to define who we really are. Part of the workshop was everyone working to develop our "cultural beliefs". In essence, they are almost mini mission statements. Anyways, as we worked to memorize and internalize them I had the idea that it would be great to turn them into inspirational posters like the ones you see around other places. I thought it would be a fairly simple project, but finding the picture that would fit just right was much more of a challenge than I though. Although it was hard to pick, below are a few of my favorites...



Much thanks to my wonderful husband and his artistic skills. Without him, these wouldn't have come out looking as professional as they did. Also, as I mentioned coming up with the pictures was more of a challenge than I originally anticipated. Without him, and his insights and ideas, I'm sure I would still be struggling with finding the pictures or have given up on the idea all together.
So, although I don't typically blog about work, I'm nearly giddy with joy at how well they turned out. I have them set as my screen saver both at work and at home. Each time they come on the screen I smile at how well they turned out.



They turned out excellent. Your ideas and talents combined with mine... there isn't a dang thing we can't accomplish, lovely....
ReplyDeleteNice work!
ReplyDeleteThose look awesome!
ReplyDeleteIt's okay to write about work, it's a big part of your life. I'm sure you have some interesting stories. If anything, maybe you could do book reviews on books you sell in your store.