Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Newest Invention

A year or so ago I decided to experiment and make my own flavored "chocolate" chips. My first two flavors were orange and mint, and I baked them into a chocolate flavored dough, they turned out delicious.

A month or so ago I made these cookies, I believe they were caramel chocolate chip, but honestly all I remember is that they were quite tasty... Chris liked them and made me promise to remember how I made them... oops, guess I'll have to re-invent them again sometime.


A few weeks ago I made some cinnamon chips. Think Hot Tamales Cinnamon, not traditional baking cinnamon. Again, I baked them into a chocolate dough, and also added some Red Dark Chocolate M&M's for additional flavor and texture. I didn't get a picture, but I still have some of the cinnamon chips in my fridge, I'll have to take a picture next time I make a batch.

Well, I finally found a place where I can order flavorings that I can't find in town. I've thought of the flavors I want to get and finally ordered them over the weekend. Much to my surprise, they came today. Although I was dead tired from work (a whole other amazing adventure today), I couldn't resist making up a batch of these, my newest invention...


The picture isn't the best, but Chris and I were anxious to try them, so before we gobbled them up I snapped one. They are Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookies.

They smelled divine, and tasted amazing. I can't wait to share some with the people at work. My toaster oven and a batch of these sure to give you a bit of energy to get through a day at work.

2 comments:

  1. You are quite creative. Could you make some Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies minus the chocolate and send them my way? Just kidding, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm.. you are the cookie master! I like the thin icing stripes of color you put all over them. ^_^

    ReplyDelete