Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Christmas Wishes!

The day is nearly over, but to all the readers of my Blog I wanted to wish you the very best of Merry Christmas Wishes.
Chris and I had a wonderfully relaxing day. Last night after a long day at work, we celebrated the evening with what has become a tradition the past few years. We filled up some insulated mugs with hot cocoa and drove around looking at lights. One house we visit each year is amazingly done. Lights deck nearly every place possible and most nights the owner of the house can be found outside his house dressed in a Santa suit. Last night it was raining and cool, but Santa was still his happy jolly self.
This morning we slept in until around 11:00 and then got up and opened presents. This year was a a bit of a switch. Normally I try to be prepared for Christmas early, mostly done by the end of October when possible. This year Christmas really snuck up on me. I was finishing up shopping earlier this week and didn't even wrap Chris's present until this morning just before we opened gifts. Chris who always worries about getting the perfect gift, and hates wrapping, has been begging me to open my gifts ever since he got them. They were beautifully wrapped and numbered under the tree. We didn't do stockings at all this year, and it was a very simple but wonderful Christmas.
After opening our gifts to each other, I worked on preparing breakfast and received a phone call from my family. Matt (a family friend) arrive just in time and shared the rest of the day with us. We had our traditional omelets and scones (a tradition I've carried on from my parents). We spent a little bit of time playing with the items we got and then I ended up taking a nap. Christmas is the end of a very long and busy season for me at work, and also the beginning of a very busy few weeks trying to my store back to normal. A nap is always in order, I really could probably sleep all day Woke up to a raging thunderstorm, and finished off the preparations for a nice dinner I had started earlier in the day. Normally we go really simple, but this year I decided to go the extra mile. We had ham, mashed potatoes (from scratch), corn, rolls and more. It turned out delicious and was worth the wait.
The rest of the day was spent enjoying the company. Growing up where Christmas was always surrounded by lots of extended family, it's been strange to adjust to a smaller Christmas. However over time Chris and I have developed some great traditions and this year was magicall and memorable.
May each of you also have had a memorable and wonderful Christmas.

1 comment: