Monday, May 25, 2009

It's been a Long, Long Time...

I know I haven't posted in a long time, but since Chris and I are on an 8 day Stay-cation I've had a bit of time on my hands and been doing something worth posting about. In addition to just staying home relaxing together, we've been to Zion's, Bryce Canyon and Cedar Breaks.
As well as a Renaissance Fair where we saw some full contact jousting. The lances are made of solid oak, and the sound they make when they splinter like toothpicks was simply amazing. We're glad we went the first day because the second day when we went, it was too windy to joust.

For my birthday I got a Cricut. I'm not much of a scrap booking type, but growing up with a very talented mother I did grow up with a love to craft. The Cricut combined with a computer program called Sure Cuts A Lot, the possibilities are endless. We've done a few smaller things, but I just finished my first actual project, although it's only a 6" tile. It's a gift for an employee who just got married, I hope she likes it. :) The silhouette is one from their engagement pictures, and with a little bit of work in Photoshop and Inkscape I got it to turn out just like I was imagining.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you used one of their engagement pictures. I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete