It’s been a crazy month, and the next few months promise to continue to be even crazier. Today was my last day at work, and dreading getting back to the task of boxing and cleaning, thought I would relax a bit and update my blog which I haven’t in ages but have been meaning to do for quite some time.
A year or so ago, Chris and I (as a good friend once described) began to see spiritual exit signs that led us to believe that God had other things in mind for us. Well, after a bit of a bumpy road that long awaited time has finally come. After living and loving life in St. George for the past five years, Chris and I are beginning a new chapter in our life. The decision to accept these upcoming changes, and the move that will result from them was difficult. I’ve struggled a bit with what to say, and today have been inspired with some quotes from others that seem to portray well what I’m feeling.
“All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves.”
~Anatole France
The past five years in St. George have gone amazingly fast. In that time I’ve developed many friendships and grown through various trials. The employee’s and friends I’ve met along the way will be hard to leave behind. However, because of these experiences and friendships, I feel I am a better person, a better friend, a better manager, and a better wife. Another quote I found today, that really felt to fit how I’m feeling.
“We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.”
~Lynn Hall
I am not perfect and have a long way to go, however I’m more at peace with who I am, where I’ve come from and am excited about where I’m going.
So, what is this new chapter? Chris and I are moving this week. While it feels like the direction the Lord is leading us, it is a step into the darkness of unknown. We are relying on faith. Very little is certain. We do not know where we will be living, where Chris will be working, or if the risk we are taking with my work will pay off and be a wise move. It has already been a rough road, with many bumps and stubbed toes, but we have faith that the Lord has our best intentions in mind. When the house we were buying fell through a few weeks ago, a scripture came to mind and has been at the forefront of my mind ever since…
Ether 12:6 -“ ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith”
This certainly has been a trial, and promises to continue to be a test, but as with our other challenges I know we will look back years from now and be able to see even more clearly the hand of the Lord in our lives.
Moving back to Salt Lake is bitter sweet. I’m excited, sad, nervous, happy, stressed, uncertain, and hopefully optimistic.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Back to Salt Lake! I hope we all get to see more of you - we always love seeing the Gerbers and have missed having you among them! Good luck with all the changes!
ReplyDeleteDoh - I've only just seen this entry! ><
ReplyDeleteYou two are so wonderful and brave! May this new chapter be full of happiness and love. You have each other and a heart connected to the Lord. Much love to you and good luck! =)