Due to certain circumstances, my husband and I have spent several hours out of the past two weekends hanging out an place we usually try to avoid frequenting, the IHC InstaCare. I being treated for a strep throat infection, my husband for cellulitis (a skin infection) in his case most likely also caused by the strep bacteria.
As we've been sitting waiting, it's given us much time to think and talk, often our conversations have turned to how amazing the human body and the world of medicine really is. Things that were life threatening 50-100 years ago are now just minor conditions easily treated without even a stay in the hospital.
Although I would defiantly pass up the opportunity to relive these few weeks, sometimes a good reminder every now and again of how fragile life really can be is important so that you can always remember to live it to the fullest.
Since we will most likely be spending a few more hours there over the next week, I'm doing my best to make the best of the situation and enjoy the albeit strange but quality bonding time with my wonderful husband. The illness that last took me to the InstaCare a few years ago also an amazing experience that brought us closer together, and this one is no exception.
Sickness is always a great reminder to never forget and always be grateful for the amazing advances of techology and medicine. As I have in the past, I'll try and remember my experiences and hopefully not have another reminder for a long, long time.
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



As painful as this is, I love the time I spend with you, baby. I appreciate all you have done.
ReplyDelete