My sister-in-law recently started a blog. Her blog today was about women in her life who she thinks of at Mother’s Day. Her blog brought tears to my eyes as she spoke of the special women in her life. She ended her blog with the question… “Who do you think about on Mother's Day? And Why?” I’ve been thinking about so many women in my life that I felt it was only appropriate to honor them with a Blog of my own…
First and foremost, I think of my Mother. My Mother is one of the most amazing people I know. I attribute so much of who I am to her. I’ve done my best to emulate the best things I see in her, but yet take the opportunity to be completely me. It is from my Mom that I have such a strong love for books. I have fond memories of reading with her from a very young age. Just today at work I was quoting a Shel Silverstein poem that she helped me memorize as a child. Without the deep love of books that she instilled in me, I have no doubt that my life would be much different than it is today. Aside from my love of books, so much of who I am is because of my mother.
I also think of my Mother-In-Law. She is an amazing woman who has made me feel completely loved and accepted from the day we met. She raised the most amazing man, whose life has changed mine forever.
I think of my grandma. She is an amazing woman. One who can make you feel so completely loved with a simple hug.
I think of my aunts Roxanne, Gail, Kim, Sheri and Teresa. Each of whom have touched my life in many ways.
I think of my sisters Jennifer and Crystal, both of who are striving to be the most amazing Mom’s to their cute sweet children.
I think of my sister –in-laws Tammy, Laura, Alex, Vicky, and Buffy. Some of whom I know better than others, but all of whom I would love to get to know more.
I think of Janene Phillips. The mother of my childhood friend who died when I was 16. Losing him changed my life, because he was such an amazing person. Just like me I know he wouldn’t have been who he was without his mother.
I think of my friend, and old boss, Holly who is always there to listen. I miss working with and seeing her on a daily basis.
And finally… I think my children. The ones I do not have yet, but hope to be blessed with one day. Patience is a hard thing to learn sometimes, but as I’ve already learned in other areas of my life, there is one who knows what’s best for me.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I thank God everyday ... that you are the Woman in my life.
ReplyDeleteLove you, love.
M,
ReplyDeleteI thank you for your blog. You are an amazing person, and eventhough we don't live close to each other- I hope that we can draw closier through our blogs. I think you and Little Brother C will be the best parents- I too hope for that sooner than later for you. I am strengthened by your words.
T.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
ReplyDeleteTM